Castor oil is a multifunctional vegetable oil that has been used by humans for thousands of years. It is made by extracting oil from the seeds of the Ricinus communis plant.
These seeds, known as castor beans, contain a toxic enzyme called ricin. However, the heating process that castor oil undergoes deactivates it, allowing the oil to be used safely.
Let’s try to revive its use because it’s not only useful as a laxative but has so many different uses that it’s good to know.
Castor oil has many medicinal, industrial, and pharmaceutical uses.
It is commonly used as an additive in foods, medicines, and skincare products, as well as an industrial lubricant and biodiesel fuel component.
In ancient Egypt, castor oil was burned as fuel in lamps, used as a natural remedy for diseases such as eye irritation, and was even added to pregnant women to stimulate labor.
Today castor oil is still a popular natural remedy for common conditions such as constipation and skin problems and is most commonly used in natural cosmetic products.
Here are 18 benefits and uses of castor oil.
* Take 5 drops of castor oil in the morning to relieve your allergy symptoms.
* If you treat wounds, minor cuts, and bruises with castor oil, they will heal much faster.
* Pregnant women should massage their abdomen with castor oil to prevent stretch marks.
* A drop of castor oil in your ear is sufficient to prevent hearing loss.
* A few drops of oil in the eye cure cataracts.
Do this before bed.
* Mix castor oil and soda to bleach brown spots on the skin.
* Gently rub castor oil on your eyelids to relieve eye allergies, it is advisable to do so before bedtime.
* Massage the lower back with castor oil once a week.
* Use castor oil lining on your neck every day to get rid of your vocal cords. The same treatment helps relieve chronic hoarseness. For optimum results, use castor oil for 3 months.
* Apply compressed castor oil to your stomach to cure hyperactivity.
* Warts disappear after treatment with castor oil within a month.
* Massage your feet with castor oil to reduce calcium buildup.
* Mix castor oil and baking soda into a thick paste. Apply to any affected area of skin to treat skin cancer.
* Apply castor oil to your stomach to stop snoring. The treatment lasts a week or two.
* Apply castor oil for bee stings to reduce pain and swelling.
* Increase hair growth with castor oil. Massage your scalp every day for 20 minutes. You can do this before washing your hair.
* Treat the nail fungus by covering the affected area with castor oil. Regular use gives optimum results.
* Castor oil has a great effect on blood circulation, so it is commonly used for compresses.
The use of castor oil in such processes produces surprising results and does not require much effort. Buy cold-pressed castor oil. Fill a bottle of hot water and take a towel. You can first cleanse the skin with a salt solution before applying the compress.
Then heat the oil and apply it to a piece of gauze. Put in the affected area. Wrap the area with foil and attach the bottle that you have already filled with hot water. Cover with a cloth and leave the compress for 1 hour. Use castor oil compress for 40 days. Remember that the compress must always be warm. Make a new compress if the oil changes its odor or color.