You have just perused the fact that drinking water with crispy lemon is a phenomenal method to improve your health.
What’s more, I’m willing to wager that subsequent that lemon, you in all likelihood throwing it in the trash since it has been used, right?
Well, that’s completely wrong!
Lemon peels are a highly valuable commodity – especially when it comes to cleaning your house.
Take a look at these very useful methods in which you can use lemon peels to have a clean home and a healthy home.
Why Lemon Peels?
Common cleaning products are made of harmful chemicals and synthetic fragrances, which:
- Poisonous if ingested
- Causes respiratory problems
- Irritating to skin
- They contain harmful chemicals
How to Use Lemon Peels to Clean Your Home?
1. Air freshener:
- Make an air freshener by putting the peels in a pot filled with water
- Let it simmer on low heat
- This can later be used as an air freshener in your home
2. Restore Metal:
- Clean your stainless steel, chrome, and copper by sprinkling metal with sea salt and then using a lemon peel to scrub.
- Removes stains, grime, and dirt.
- Rinse and polish.
3. Sanitize Surfaces:
- The natural acidity of lemons gives amazing antibacterial properties.
- Rub surfaces (for example, your cutting board) with half a lemon.
- Give it a chance to sit for 5 minutes before washing it with water.
4. Insect Repellent:
- Eliminate ants and bugs by setting little cuts of lemon along your: the front door, near holes or cracks and windowsills.
- Ants hate the lemon and will stay away from it, so away from your home.
- Also, this method is effective against fleas and cockroaches.
5. Odor Absorber:
- Refresh your fridge by placing lemon peel.
- Throw a few lemon peels at the base of your garbage to prevent the odors.
- Add strips of lemon to your dishwasher to deodorize and rinse.
- “Clean up” your garbage disposal by putting a few small slices of lemon peel in it.
6. All-Purpose Cleaner:
- It helps disinfect and cut grease.
- Put lemon peel in a glass jar. Pour the white vinegar over the peel until it has completely submerged.
- Allow the mixture to stand for about fourteen days.
- Strain the liquid from the mixture and mix it with water, using a 50/50 ratio.
- Use, as usual, use an all-purpose cleaner.
Who would know that lemon peels can be useful, right? Not only that, but they are also very healthy, so we are protected from the dangerous chemicals used in the commercial cleaners that we use in our home.