Home / Healthy Living / Swelling of the Abdomen Can Be a Sign of Ovarian Cancer!

Swelling of the Abdomen Can Be a Sign of Ovarian Cancer!

Many women are at increased risk of death from ovarian cancer because they found it at a late stage. And that’s because only 20% of them know, that bloating is one of the main symptoms of this insidious disease.

Unfortunately, most women do not consider swelling as something serious, even if this symptom lasts for weeks and months.

Ovarian and breast cancers are responsible for mutated genes

A UK study found that 71% of women considered breast pain or armpit rash as a possible symptom of breast cancer.

But only 20% of women know that bloating can be more serious than, say, a simple digestive disorder. And early diagnosis is the most effective way to cure ovarian cancer.

That is why it is very important to pay attention to such supposedly non-specific symptoms so that you can be examined and treated on time.

Statistics show that patients have a 90% chance of survival if ovarian cancer is detected in the first and second stages. But if the disease is detected in the fourth stage, this indicator, unfortunately, falls on the fatal 10% or even less.

Signs and why does ovarian cancer cause bloating?

It is very difficult to detect this type of cancer at an early stage, precisely because its symptoms are often not taken seriously and are considered to be a consequence of digestive problems.

If you have ovarian cancer, your bloating is probably caused by ascites. Ascites is when fluid builds up in your stomach.

Ascites often form when cancer cells spread to the peritoneum. The peritoneum is the lining of your stomach

They can also develop when cancer blocks part of your lymphatic system, causing fluid to build up because it can’t drain out normally.

Bloating is one of the first ovarian cancer symptoms you have noticed, but it is usually considered a sign of advanced disease.

Other characteristic signs of ovarian cancer, which should also not be overlooked, include loss of appetite, pelvic and abdominal pain, and an increased need for urination.

Reference:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *