If you are our reader for a long time, you may have noticed that we consciously care about your health and want to give you healthy recipes for dessert. And our current recipe is helpful for your health! Candied ginger – it is delicious and interesting. And the fact that its spiciness increases immunity and rejuvenates the body at the cellular level, increasing its rating thousands of times.
Choose ginger with the thinnest skin: fresh and juicy. Do not cut the root too thin: the slices may become brittle and hard after drying.
Candied Ginger Health Benefits
- It acts as anti-inflammatory
- It helps in the treatment of nausea
- Crystallized ginger helps boost immunity
- Help reduce stress
- Used as an alternative medicine
- Candied sugar is rich in iron
- Insomnia treatment
- Treatment for anxiety
Remember to keep ginger syrup! It will help you prepare the most useful beverages that will help you improve your health and lose weight.
1 cup of fresh ginger
3 cups of sugar
3 cups of water
- Wash and peel the ginger. Cut the ginger into round shapes about 1/8 inch thick.
- Get a large saucepan and mix the water and sugar together.
- Boil this mixture until all the sugar dissolves
- Add the ginger to the mixed sugar solution.
- Simmer about 45 minutes, until the ginger is tender and becomes sweet.
- Drain the ginger, but do not pour the liquid.
- Dry drained ginger on a rack for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the ginger in sugar to coat it.
- Place the coating on wax paper and allow to dry.
For stored liquid, boil until it gets a thick consistency that has a consistency between honey and maple syrup.
In case the sugar crystallizes, add some water to dissolve the sugar.
Store the syrup solution in an airtight container for use later in either ice cream, waffles, tea, etc.
Keep the candied ginger in a dry, airtight container. Before storing the ginger, roll it in plain or powdered sugar so that the pieces do not stick together. It’s time to share the recipe for the perfect treat with friends!