Admit it – it happened to you too: you are sorry to throw all your bread because of a slice that has a little mold! And maybe you’re still the kind of people who pay attention to what they eat and throw the whole bread when they see a little green on top? Today we will tell you if eating moldy bread is so dangerous.
What is Mold?
The mold comes from the same family as the mushrooms. Even under a microscope, it looks the same.
But mold is harmful. Many of its types cause allergies and breathing problems.
In some cases, the mold produces mycotoxins, a poison that poisons humans and animals. And the most common occurrence of this type of mold is cereals or flour.
But even if you cut the mold and eat normal (or at least it looks) bread, it’s not healthy.
What you see on the edge of the bread may be just the tip of the formation. And mold spores may already be spreading all over the bread. Not to mention the different bacteria.
Therefore, the next time you see a little mold on the bread crust, do not remove lightly by hand, just throw the bread into the bucket – you will not regret it.