One of the most useful beverages of all time is coconut water. And it is very refreshing and delicious. It is also full of many nutrients, including many vitamins and minerals. And in this article, you will be able to find out some of the most important health benefits of coconut water.
Dr. Joseph Mercola calls attention to:
“Many individuals, especially the ones who are not used to having coconut in their everyday diet, regularly allude to coconut milk and coconut water conversely. However, these two drinks are completely different.
Coconut water is the clear, raw liquid that you get when you open a green and fresh coconut that naturally grows in the fruit.
Coconut milk is a finished product produced by grinding coconut milk, including water and crushing out the juice. The result is a creamy, white liquid, not much different from dairy milk. It is used in numerous mixtures, for example, in sauces and curry. ”
Coconut water is very refreshing and delicious and is rich in sources of various nutrients such as, Vitamin C, Vitamin B, antioxidants, calcium, carbs, proteins, fibers, magnesium, amino acids, manganese and iron, cytokines that have strong anti-carcinogens , anti-aging and anti-thrombotic properties and micronutrients that boost the immune system.
Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD, reported:
“This refreshing drink has a nutty, sweet taste. It is rich in carbohydrates which are easily digested, in the form of electrolytes and sugar. Not to be mistaken for coconut oil or high-fat coconut milk, the coconut water is a clear fluid in the inside of the young fruit that is tapped from youthful, green coconuts.
It has fewer calories, it is richer in potassium than a sports drink, and it has less sodium. Ounces per ounce, most unflavored coconut water contains 5.45 mg of sodium, 61 mg of potassium, 1.3 g of sugar, and 5.45 calories.
Compared to Gatorade, which contains 13.75 mg of sodium, 3.75 mg of potassium, 1.75 g of sugar and 6.25 calories, coconut water is still at an advantage. ”
You can drink it raw or you can add it to a smoothie, which provides a wealth of benefits:
- High levels of magnesium and calcium can relieve stress and muscle tension.
- It prevents oxidative stress and moisturizes the body, from excessive alcohol intake, which means that it releases from hangovers.
- It lowers insulin sensitivity in diabetics and lowers blood sugar.
- It is able to reduce the risk of blood clots and regulate hypertension, due to the richness of Vitamin C, potassium and magnesium.
- It can support weight loss because it promotes digestion and metabolism, due to its rich in bioactive ingredients and low-calorie content.
- It reduces the formation of stones and crystals in the kidneys.
- It is useful as a sports drink as it can energize the body.
- It has the ability to treat vomiting, diarrhea and excessive sweating triggered by dehydration.
- It cures disorders of the bladder and kidneys and promotes the production of urine, which makes it a potent diuretic.
- Coconut water can reduce the risk of atherosclerosis, strokes, mad heart disease, contains cardio-protective properties, it can boost blood circulation, and it is low in cholesterol and fat.
- It prevents from premature aging because it is rich in cytokines which are nourishing the skin.
- It can treat acid reflux, stomach pain, gastroenteritis, and indigestion.
- It prevents headache caused by dehydration, hydrates the body and is rich in electrolytes and minerals.
- Coconut water can prevent the harmful effects of acidosis and alkalizes the body.
So, you might want to start consuming this tasty, natural beverage and have the privilege of enjoying the many health benefits that this drink offers.